Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Magoo's Grill, Pleasant Hill

8/12/13

I'm pretty sure that Magoo's has either found the most chipper employees that exist, or they have some extensive training that teaches these gals how to be friendly and excellent at what they do.  Our recent visits have resulted in excellent service with a smile.

We stopped for breakfast this weekend and had Jordan as our server. She was attentive and helped with our questions about the menu and item substitution. We ordered Bloody Mary's and the bartender made a strong, tasty drink. A blunder with my meal (forgetting to put Hollandaise sauce on the side) caused a bit of a delay for delivery of my plate, which would have probably been a bigger issue if a free Bloody Mary hadn't shown up to keep my mouth occupied while I waited for it to be remade. Great customer service.


 The food is good! I haven't had anything I don't like. The veggie Eggs Benedict was cooked perfectly and I unexpectedly had a large serving of crispy hash browns on the plate next to it. We ordered them extra crispy and they came out perfect. So good!

 Lots of TVs AND they had the volume on for my A's game. Another great experience dining here!




UPDATED from 4/24/13:

LOVED MY HAPPY HOUR SALAD

Stopped in here on a Tuesday for happy hour (HH); even though they don't do a Taco Tuesday special of any sort (skipping tacos on Tuesday makes Amy a grumpy girl). But my friends decided to brave my cranky.

I ordered calamari and a salad. The rest of the table did their own thing and I didn't try anyone's food but my own. The HH food must be smaller portions for the same items. I think menus should tell you this. (half order for half price). Because some places give full orders and the HH special is the half price for the same amount of food.  At least the salad was a lot of food! It was so good with cheese and yummies all over it. Great deal!

I stopped coming here when they took out the pool tables. On this day as I parked, I noticed some creepers in an Explorer out front, definitely up to know good. They were there when we left an hour later, just chillin. In their car. Weirdness. Guess eliminating pool tables didn't scare off all the bad seeds. So there's nothing really to do here but drink and eat. We did both.

Our server was wearing some great pants. Husband asks the table: "are those yoga pants?" ohhh, boy. We then told the server we'd been admiring her uh, pants, from behind. Good thing it didn't creep her out. She seemed to take it as a compliment. Which it was.

Pleasant enough atmosphere but I bore easily at bars and there wasn't a lot to stimulate me. At least service was terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment