Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Grill & Vine, Westin Hotel, Milbrae

3/30/14

As guests of the Westin SFO, my husband and I were happy to find a restaurant inside the hotel.  One menu had some March Madness specials, all items like hot dogs and sliders, for $9 each.  I stuck to the regular menu and ordered only a kale Caesar salad and a bloody Mary.

I love a good, spicy bloody Mary.  My husband does not.  He ordered chips and the same drink as me, but asked for a non-spicy version.  His was almost undrinkable.  (For him, I mean. I could prob drink pureed habanero juice and not break a sweat). But his was just as spicy as mine, which was on the very warm level.

His chips were good though.  And my salad was good. I eat a lot of kale and other leafy greens.  I really liked the pieces mixed in with the regular lettuce. I guess I expected all kale, but it was nice to have the assorted lettuce.  The croutons didn't taste like fresh, house-made ones,  but I wasn't sure totally if they were or not and I enjoyed the little guys. Lots of cheese on the salad, but not a very big serving for $12.

Loved our stay at the hotel, but we ventured out for all food needs after our visit to their restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment