Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chili's, Concord

3/30/14

I imagine the Chili's in Walnut Creek only closed their doors due to outrageous rent prices. They were always busy, so I was not surprised that on a Sunday afternoon, Chili's Concord was busy as well. It's been years since WC closed and I think Ive only been to Concord one time other than today.

We stopped in for margaritas, but both ended up ordering food as well. My husband had a Southern Smokehouse burger. It came with fries (lucky for him they were thick cut so I didn't steal very many). The $10.49 burger was cooked great but he was upset about all the pickles and lettuce that came on it (which I was happy to take all of).  I had eaten not long before, so I requested a custom order of fried jalapenos.  Their onion strings come with jalapenos, so I requested the onion strings, without the strings.  I received a small cup of perfectly cooked and fried pieces for $1.79.

Casey surprised me by ordering an infused (pomegranate/blueberry margarita) $8.99.  I stuck with what I know, the Presidente ($7.59 if youre okay with well tequila). It has brandy in it as well, be warned! I love these and think they're a great deal. Plus, the infused one was much too sweet - mine was perfect.

Our server, Knecht, was awesome. Very friendly and attentive and happy to accommodate my weird food request and even ask the kitchen some questions on behalf of my husband.  She promptly brought our check and cleared our plates.  The woman who took our drink order when we sat (bartender, most likely?) made my day by IDing me.   We also saw her again working hard clearing plates at other tables. Great team work.  Glad we stopped in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment