Search This Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014

Havana Cafe, Walnut Creek

8/19/13

Stopped in here for lunch and was surprised at the set-up they have inside. Lots of tables for dining, including a few on the patio out front. A speaker system announces ready cars to the people waiting for the car wash next door. What a smart place to put food!

The menu here is definitely more limited than downtown's location, and you won't find mojitos, but there was enough of a selection to tempt my girlfriend and I when we stopped for lunch. We ordered a couple of iced teas and I had 3 chicken tacos. I think it was around $9 for mine, but that may have been without the drink. I had the option of plantains or spicy yucca chips.

So glad I got the chips! They were awesome and I realized that these are the things in the bags of veggie chips that I like the most. A good-sized portion of them arrived on my taco plate. I will totally be back for orders of chips to go.  The tacos were pretty good. The presentation was nice and I liked all of the toppings but the chicken was a little dry. A small serving of salsa and some hot sauce helped with that a little.

This place is a stone's throw from my office but I'm more inclined to just drive downtown for the full menu (and drinks) than walk over. Regardless, I'll definitely be back for chips! Service was fast and the cutie at the counter was nice and helpful as we were deciding what to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment