Search This Blog

Friday, March 14, 2014

McDonald's, Mid-Wilshire, Los Angeles

9/4/13

Our morning started out right: it was bright and early, and I was well-rested and HUNGRY.  Like, I need food NOW.  13 hours of power-walking around Disneyland the day before does this to a person!

So we got on the road and found a great restaurant on Yelp. Hundreds of reviews and very high rating. And when we were a block away, my husband turned the car around and decided to go to McDonalds. Really? That's what he wanted on his 30th bday?!!

What he really wanted was a fast meal so that we could see the sites we wanted to and then make the drive back up to the Bay Area. So McDonalds it was.  Drive-thru was fast - oddly, a woman stood out front and she took our order. Only strange because the car behind us ordered at the usual screen thing. No matter.  I tried the all egg-white McMuffin (no additional charge for the all-white substitution). This was new to me. Just as good as the McMuffin I've always enjoyed. But healthier, I guess. Not that I'm dining at McD's because I'm all that health conscious.

$12.28 for our breakfast, which we enjoyed while getting the car washed at the best car wash I've ever been to (Expert Car Wash) just up the street. There are just under 100 McDonald's in Los Angeles, if you happen to find yourself at this one, I hope your experience is as good as our was.

PS - As fate would have it, a summer storm struck later on the drive home. And it RAINED all over the clean car on top of the Grapevine. Damn you, Murphy!

No comments:

Post a Comment