Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Alamo Rent-A-Car, Las Vegas

2/3/14

I arranged for a rental car through a Southwest Vacations package, which booked our car through Alamo. Upon arriving and picking up our car, I was informed that what I thought was my CA driver's license (since changing my name in 2012) was actually a CA Identification card. I'd never noticed this and was shocked when they explained why they couldn't rent the car to me, but they made transferring the rental into my husband's name very easy.  This was totally my fault and now I need to request a new driver's license from DMV. I understand their policy and felt they were really nice about it. Note: my driver's license is in good standing with no points on my record for almost the last 10 years, but I had no valid way to prove this, so I really liked how they handled the situation. Plus, it got me out of driving around town the four days we were in Vegas.

Our car rental totaled about $35 for four days and just under 50 miles of driving. We filled the tank before returning it for less than $10. All around, a good deal. The Nissan Versa was perfect for getting us to and from. The interior had been vacuumed but not wiped down and something was spilled near the interior center console. Given this isn't a large car, they lose a star for not noticing the dirty inside of this cute compact. Overall very happy with the rental and the price.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment