Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Firefly on Paradise, Las Vegas

1/31/14

I'm so happy that Firefly moved and didn't close. I have loved visiting this place as long as I've been coming to Vegas (long time). Their Padron peppers are my favorite menu item and they did not disappoint today! A full plate of peppers flash fried with lemon and sea salt was $5.50 - a really unbeatable price compared to anywhere else. We also had fries with Parmesan seasoning and that's the only plate that at all disappointed me. The serving was very large but the fries were soft and not crispy, even though they were skinny and browned. Lots of yummy shaved cheese though!

Husband enjoys the ham and cheese croquetas ($5) and had a soda also (coke $2.50). I tried a new plate this time and went with the chili, lime garbanzo beans (in the shell!) ($4.50) I didn't even know they came in a shell (but it makes sense) so I asked the server what they're like. He compared them to edamame but these little pods were much more difficult to work the beans out of. I liked them a lot but they were a lot of work for too little reward.

The new restaurant is wonderful. Much bigger and still a great location. There is parking in the back, but if you miss the driveway on the way in, be sure to not park in the subsequent parking lot, as we were told they are happy to tow you.

$25.41 for amazing tapas for two

No comments:

Post a Comment