Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hot Dog On A Stick, Excalibur, Las Vegas

2/24/14

As we walked around the food court at Excalibur, I noticed someone carrying a tremendous, golden brown, crispy-fried corn dog. Hello, delicious food on a stick! I wasn't really in a "hot dog mood".  I never am, to be honest, but after giving up on the other lack of options, we went back to look at the menu.

Holy veggie hot dog! What are you doing up there??!! I had no idea this place also fries up veggie dogs. On a stick. In golden brown, fried dough!  I was a little reluctant. Would it look the same? How would it taste? I didn't know, but I gave it a shot and hot diggity dog I'm glad I did.  Yum yum yum.

While the veggie dog (mine)($3.69) and beef dog (husband's)($43.9) were cooked in the same fryer, I thought about the surprising fact that the veggie dog was less expensive! How is that possible?!  We ordered a fry to share ($2.79) and a Light Lemonade (with sugar substitute) ($3.69 for large)

Everything was really good. We were the last customer of the night or else I probably would've ordered another dog, even though I really wasn't that hungry after the first one.  I wish EVERY food establishment would have a veggie option. Most of the time it's going to be a very tasty, healthier, guilt-free treat.  I do eat meat, but if there's a veggie option, I always take it! Glad I did here, The food was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment