Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Walnut Creek Tennis Center, Walnut Creek

9/9/13


On a hot afternoon with temperatures in the 90s we stopped in here after the vending machine outside ate our soda money. I had my own refillable water bottle but decided to check out the ice cream. Husband wanted a Gatorade and our friend bought a bottle of water for $1.

I saw Otter Pops at the bottom of the freezer, and after I had one in-hand, I saw a sign saying they weren't for sale. Bummer; it sounded more refreshing than a creamy ice cream treat. No treat for Amy.

We asked about court rentals ($8) - not bad, but most public high schools have beautifully maintained courts that you can use for free (when school's not in session).  We like Ygnacio Valley H.S.'s courts

I worked at the Lafayette Tennis Club when I was in high school. It was much bigger than this, but this little shop had cold drinks on a hot day, and that was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Also don't forget the Rec Department courts, which exist in a lot of parks around Contra Costa, and elsewhere across the land. Here in Martinez the two courts at Cappie Ricks Park were recently resurfaced. America's great tennis champion Arthur Ashe was the son of a Rec tennis coach and grew up next to Rec courts at a park in Richmond, Va.

    ReplyDelete