Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Pea Soup Andersen's Restaurant, Gustine

2/7/14

For my husband and myself, great service is more important than good food. There are tons of restaurants with awesome food, but very few get my return business unless I enjoy the overall dining experience; namely, terrific service.

On our way to southern CA for a very sad funeral of my young cousin, we pulled off the I-5S and stopped in for a bite. We were only a couple hours inti the drive with almost 3x that distance to go.

The soup and salad I ordered ($10), and my husband's Monte Cristo sandwich, plus 2 drinks, was more than worth the $30 bill. The food was great and we never had to ask for refills. Roberto was on top of it and a really sincerely friendly server as well. He went beyond his server duty of asking polite questions. He seemed to care about our responses.

I asked for hot sauce with my food and he personally made me a hot salsa. In the back; in the kitchen! He even told me how he made it and warned me of the heat. It was So good and his thoughtfulness went a long way for two melancholy travelers. Thanks for being a kind person! His tables were full, the place was packed, and this unexpected act of delicious kindness deserves real recognition. Request Roberto for great service to complement your wonderful food.

No comments:

Post a Comment