Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Alborz Persian/Iranian Restaurant, Walnut Creek

2/24/214

I really enjoyed my lunch today at Alborz. I have driven past a million times and it's been bookmarked to try for quite a while. So today I went there for lunch alone!

I browsed the menu and found a variety plate under the Kabob section. It was a veggie sampler but unfortunately was just placed in the wrong part of the menu. It was more like a combination of appetizers, so it wouldn't be served with saffron rice and a roasted tomato, like the other kabob dishes.  A little disappointed, I went with the salmon kabob instead. ($15.13)

The bread basket arrived with two pats of butter. I asked for a side of olive oil as well, which I added some of the table seasoning (sumac) to and used that for dipping. The bread was good but was served cold. Often it's warm when it's served at other Persian places, but it was still tasty.

Lunch arrived shortly after I had a few pieces of bread in me. A healthy roasted tomato was chopped into my saffron rice. I requested a side of hot sauce and mixed that in as well.  The salmon kabob had great flavor but was slightly overcooked. I also thought the portion was someone on the small side for $15.00. But it was very good with bites of juicy tomato.  A cold tomato slice and cucumber also sad on the edge of the plate.  I had a lot leftover, which I packed into the to-go container I brought, and finished at my desk once I was back at work.

Service was outstanding and I really enjoyed their pretty patio. On one side of the front entrance is open patio seating, and the other is comfy lounge-like seating. It seems like a great place for groups. Not sure how big the inside is, since I never went in.  I had 3 different staff people attend to me. Perhaps I went at the perfect lunch hour. It was not crowded and the staff was very attentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment