Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Coco's Family Restaurant, Concord

2/24/14

Searching for a new breakfast spot, my husband and I stopped in here the other day. It was a Sunday, early afternoon.  Upon entering, I wanted to leave and go somewhere else. I kind of just looked too much like a chain, and I wanted something with more of a diner feel. But Casey insisted we stay.

I was really surprised to look at the menu. LOTS of healthy and reduced-calorie options. Whoever does their menus did an amazing job. I decided to skip breakfast and go with a lunch option. I ordered a fish with veggies and rice.  Unfortunately they were out of rice so they came back and asked what I'd like substituted, and I requested the quinoa salad I'd seen was served with a different fish choice.

Our food arrived and the presentation was just awful. I found the fish buried under a bunch of other things on the plate. The quinoa was cold and there was something mushy in it that I couldn't identify. Pumpkin perhaps? I asked the server and she said it was described in the menu. Yeah, described as "quinoa salad" or something generic. So I never did find out what was in it. The texture turned me off and I couldn't really eat it.  Aside from that, everything else on my plate was tasty.  It seemed a little greasy for being one of the healthy menu choice items, but I enjoyed both the fish and the sautéed veggies.


Husband did not enjoy his breakfast.

Our server was working really hard.  She did a good job, but when youre the only server for one half a restaurant, it's not fair to the customers. I felt like she was already walking away as I was readying to ask more questions. It was our first time dining there and while I understood her need to attend to more decisive people, it's too bad management has it set up like that.

Lots of older couples were dining here, and they all seemed to enjoy it, but we likely won't be back soon. Unless of course I have some sort of graphic arts problem, because whoever designed their menu does fabulous work!

No comments:

Post a Comment