Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sweetwater Music Hall, Mill Valley

2/24/14

Yelp's Sweetheart Social recently brought my family to Sweetwater Music Hall. It was a really fun experience and we had no idea this place even existed. It caught me off guard when two parents and their  young child were turned away at the door for our private event and the mother stood there for a minute before cursing. Twice. She said she "was really in the mood for Sweetwater." And I took that to be a good sign.

Stellar service with friendly staff. The one staff person I interacted with had only worked there a few months but said he loved it. I told him how lucky he was to have a job he loves; that so many people don't enjoy going to work.  I also complimented him on the food dishes that we tried (the fried cheese balls being my favorite) and he told me a little bit more about the rest of their menu and said that everything is great. I believe him!

The music room itself has a stage with a dance floor in front of it and some small tables further back toward the bar. I only had one drink from the bar the night of the event and I didn't order it, but the bar was across the back wall of the place.

Great venue and we were lucky to hear a fantastic band playing: The Easy Leaves. We danced a few songs and had a great time on the mostly open dance floor. How lucky were we! Would definitely come back to this place and highly recommend to friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment