Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Golden Nail Salon, Pleasant Hill

9/11/13

I had a pedicure only for $25.00. I was just killing time while hubby got a hair cut at Sport Clips a couple doors down, and the place was pretty full so I figured it was pretty popular.

I was seated and the lady ran water in the foot tub. I told her it was cold water so she put it on hot only. It reached a point where I had to take my feet out. She was very apologetic when she felt it, though, I didnt' really care. I like hot. I like cold. What I don't like is forgetting to put the soap in the basin.  I noticed after soaking quite a while that everyone else's water was blue and bubbly. Mine was just water.

The lady next to me played on her phone while her son sat to my left, literally twiddling his fingers, with the saddest expression I'd ever seen. So I talked to him about school starting and his teachers and classmates. And Mom played on Facebook. At least I had someone to talk to.

My nails came out fine. There were pretty and pink. She was a little rough with the cuticles though and my foot instinctively jerked a couple times. Guess I should've done a mai-pedi- combo, since other yelpers say it wasn't much more money than pedi- alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment