Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Village Chiropractic and Massage, Lafayette

9/9/13

I've now met with Sandy at Village Massage several times. I think her deep tissue massages are actually helping my posture (which isn't why I'm going, but it's a nice bonus). She's very pleasant and her massages are absolutely wonderful. It's the first time I've ever gone back to the same person, rather than finding another good coupon somewhere else. $60 for an hour is very reasonable anyhow and I look forward to each visit.

Her strong hands begin by warming up the muslces in my back starting with gentle movements along the length of each muscle, never making it feel like she's going against the grain or across the muscles. The pressure gradually increases and she always checks to make sure it's not too much.

During my last massage I was imagining that her hands were ballerinas, performing a beautiful dance across my back and neck. When the session ended I checked her iPod and the song playing was "The Dancer" by Janie Becker. It seemed very appropriate

The only negative thing I can say about Sandy is that she doesn't have a twin clone so that they could work together doing simultaneous couple's massage. And you have to be patient when setting up an appointment. She's booked a month out. Which says enough about her popularity by itself. It's very rare to find someone who is THIS great at their job!

UPDATED FROM 5/9/13 REVIEW:

A GOOD DEAL FROM GROUPON

Really glad I was patient with scheduling the appointment for this massage. I'm so wary to buy services on Groupon. I've had a few bad experiences. Luckily, this was not one. I called to schedule the appointment and had to book a month out with Sandy. I understand that some businesses are very busy, especially with a Groupon deal so this wasn't a problem. As the appointment drew nearer, I cancelled a week or so in advance (I believe it was to attend a Yelp event) :) and I had to book another appointment, another month out.

I am a patient person though, so I waited. Finally, the day had arrived! I left work early that day to be on time to the 5:00 apointment. I showed up a little early in case there was paperwork. Parking lot out front was full and I didn't know if street parking here was okay, but a spot opened up at just the right time. When I entered I met the Dr. who was very friendly and said it might be a little wait. He saved this from being a 3-star review. Sandy was running more than a little late. A simple call to me would have saved me from having to take time off work (and out of my paycheck). But I spent a little over 30 minutes in an amazing full-body massage chair that the Dr. put me in. And this made it better. Next time I'd hope for a call, but I'd probably still show up on time for the appointment and hope to get back in that chair.

The massage was a deep-tissue and she asked me how strong I wanted it. Her medium-strong is spot-on. Her hand muscles are obviously well-developed and she worked over the muscles all over my body. She offered back-only or full-body massage and I opted for full. I really enjoyed the moments she spent on my legs and feet. The oil she used was very light. It had an almost non-existence fragrance, that reminded me of something natural. When I got home I told my husband how great the massage was (he'd gone somewhere else for a simultaneous massage) and how clean my skin felt. For as much oil as she put on me I expected to be a sticky mess, but I just felt soft.

I was a little sore the next day in my shoulders, but this is expected with a deep-tissue. I expected the slight soreness I felt and it was good. I'd love to return to this office. A great Dr. running the place with his magic chair, and a fabulous massage from Sandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment