Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim





We had a great stay here for my husband's 30th bday trip to Disneyland. One block walk to Disney Way - can't get much closer! It's only a mile walk to Downtown Disney with ESPN Zone and Lego store and shopping but that beats paying for parking.

The place was cute - the pool wasn't huge but it was clean and a smaller, kiddie pool and good-sized hot tun were also on site. Plus, two sunbathing towers that were very castle-like!

There's a small giftstore on the property with snacks and alcohol and Disney items. Other shops (with better Disney stuff) are nearby, as well as several restaurants  - there's something for everyone.

Our room had a nice, big TV and a single cup coffee maker and a fridge. Two queen beds. The carpets were clean, bathroom was very clean. Tub looked like it had seen better days but overall the room was nice. The towels were pretty rough and could use replacing since I imagine that's what bleach does to any towel over time, but this isn't something unique to this hotel.

We booked our room for Thursday and Friday night and paid $150 total including the taxes (lastminutetravel.com, or something?) Great deal for the location!  Construction was taking place but we couldn't hear any noise. We could hear someone on the 4th floor running back and forth in the room. Control your kids, please.

I actually did have a weird rash on my leg that I noticed as we got into bed the second night. I figured it was a heat rash from the 13 hours of running around Disneyland, but after reading a few other reviews and looking at pictures online, I do think it might have been bed bugs.  My husband didn't have any problems with bites. I'm kind of flattered. Normally bugs ignore me - probably cuz I eat lots of garlic and spicy food. Either way, it wasn't a big deal and it went away pretty quickly. Note: Nearby Los Angeles is in the top 5 of cities infested with bed bugs around the nation. San Francisco is #12.  It happens.

I would definitely stay here again. The location was great and the price was awesome! The front desk could probably use a course on friendly, welcoming behavior, but other than that, no complaints.


No comments:

Post a Comment