Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A. Wise, M.D., Walnut Creek

10/23/13

After 6 years of being a patient of Dr. Wise I'm sad to say I've scheduled my last appointment for two weeks from now. He's too busy to see me for that appointment so I won't even get to thank him for the years of trusted healthcare. Perhaps the nurse practicioner will pass along my message after she completes my physical.

I loved the attentiveness of the small office and caring staff, but they have become overwhelmed by their popularity and growth and are unable to properly manage their patients as a result.

A few months ago I had a sore throat so bad I could hardly swallow liquids. I called teary-eyed for an appointment and was told they had an opening several days later. I walked in to Walnut Creek Urgent Care and they immediately tested me positive for strep and I began antibiotics. Unfortunately, Urgent Care doesn't do female annual exams, so for the first time I kind of feel like I have no trusted health care professional at all that can monitor my all-around well-being. Le sigh.

While I believe that Wise's office will give you great care when they are treating you, getting the appointment requires patience and lots of time. This may work for some people, but I am no longer one of them.

4/13/12

I love having a personal doctor who has now seen me for several years. I originally hoped that by sticking with one doctor, rather than a huge hospital with someone different every time, he would get to know me personally because there are many benefits to this.

Perhaps the Dr. may notice something irregular from one visit to the next.  It also allows the Dr. to follow-up with you on something in the past they have treated you for. I think it's important to know your Doctor and to feel comfortable talking with him (or her.)

I enjoy my visits here. The occasional sick visit, injury, my annual Healthy Woman Exam, my blood draws. The staff is friendly. You may get put on hold when you call to schedule an appointment but this wait is never long and it's easy to schedule with their friendly receptionist once you do get through.

I have a terrible, terrible anxiety of needles. I don't mind giving shots ~ I just don't like being on the receiving end.  I can't remember the girl's name that does all things needles for me in his office: she's my favorite. Second to Dr. Wise.

Dr. Wise listens to me, and treats the problem ~ he isn't quick to prescribe something as a quick fix. He cares about your health. I feel extremely comfortable talking to him and his staff about my health issue and even personal issues that may affect my health.  If I ask questions I receive answers. That's huge to me. I ask lots of questions sometimes. I trust him as my Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment