Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mary's Pizza Shack, Vacaville

10/27/13

Service was below-average but the food was awesome. I would have guessed they were understaffed, but there were so many employees standing around in-sight that I have no idea what the problem was. We were seated pretty quickly but it took a while to place our drink and food orders. Service was friendly when it was around, but my water was never refilled and we had to ask another server for assistance at one point.

However, the half wedge I ordered was awesome. ($5.75) I requested no bacon and they got that right. Huge chunks of blue cheese, crispy lettuce, and lots of tomato bits all over. However, the tiny plate made it impossible to cut up the wedge without making a mess as it spilled off the plate. Also, it was really, really overdressed. I feel like this is a common problem. And while I could ask for my dressing on the side, I'd prefer them to dress it, and me have to ask for more dressing, if necessary.

Husband ordered two orders of breadsticks ($4.55 each) and he thoroughly enjoyed these with ranch and butter. And he was able to ask for another ranch when he finished off all the ranch and butter he was first given. Some Mary's are so stingy with their ranch... not here. That was a big plus.

$2.70 for a fountain soda, bringing out total to $18.82

No comments:

Post a Comment