Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kana Sushi, Walnut Creek

10/17/13

My bento box lunch for $10 was a good deal for lunch - I ordered it with two items: salt grilled mackerel and spicy tuna roll.  The seafood was terrific. More bones than I expected in the fish, but the sushi was outstanding. Perfect amount of spicy in 6 large pieces. The miso I received first was also very, very good.  I like the idea of using all organic products for their soups and other items.

However, I had several issues with the non-seafood items.  My edamame was undercooked. Rice was overcooked (a little mushy). Salad was waaaaay over-dressed. These were all pretty small, correctable things, but together they really stood out.

I'll definitely return. The place is only a couple months old and one of the owners was working and was super friendly. Two other patrons in the restaurant had lunch "with" me (we all were seated at the sushi bar) and one spoke very highly of the Hawaiian roll? Or paradise roll, perhaps? Something tropical. I'm a box person because I like all the extra stuff, but perhaps I'll give a roll a try next time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment