Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Round Table Pizza, San Leandro

11/15/13

I think buffets are best enjoyed by someone like me. There's not a food I dislike (though I don't eat a lot of meat or sweet). But I pretty much try one of everything when I'm at a buffet. It can take several trips up for food.  :D

Somehow, only a couple days after my husband told me about the terrible pizza selection at this RT buffet, it was where he chose to take me for lunch. Since he buys the pizza buffet without salad option, he had neglected to tell me about the amazing salad bar. Totally fresh veggies and a good selection. Plus, they give you a large salad bowl for easy filling and eating. After a big salad, I moved to pizza.

There was a chicken mushroom with white sauce, a full meat, and something else meaty. Both baskets of garlic twists and cinnamon twists were empty and stayed this way all 40 minutes we were there (didn't we pay for that too?) I asked for a veggie pizza and one was brought out shortly after. That was great except it was white sauce too. I'm more of a red person, but had one slice. All of a sudden several other pizza were brought out. A combination, a BBQ, another chick/mushroom, and something else. Since there were NOT a lot of new customers (or any at all), I found this odd. MAYBE they had read the yelp reviews complaining about selection? Sadly, we were full at this point. (Smaller slices, please!)

Or MAYBE it was because two friends of one of the employees had been sitting next to the salad bar, watching each pizza come out. They had ordered a personal pizza (1) and when they got their box they loaded it up with buffet pizza. I understand the perks you get when a friend works somewhere like this. I'm fine with hooking your friends up with free pizza. But it should be a different pizza altogether. Hand it over in the back. Because some patrons are paying for the variety on the buffet bar and it's not fair to them if non-paying customers are sharing in the delicious, limited slices.

Overall, good food. Perhaps slightly poor employee management. I'd go back if I ever visit husband at work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment