Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Sandies, Virginia City, NV

10/14/13

Virginia City has lots of little gift shops to walk through - many of them carry similar items such as tee-shirts and magnets and other touristy gifts. This store was packed with scarves, mittens, belts, shot glasses, and clothing.

Interestingly, the Sons of Anarchy TV show has a strong presence in VC. Shirts are sold at a few stores (I've otherwise only seen them online) and I saw a couple locals wearing SOA shirts too. Not sure why, as the fictional MC doesn't have a branch in Nevada (I believe they're only in NorCal), but perhaps it's just popular up here, as it in the Bay Area.

My husband was coincidentally wearing a Teller-Morrow shirt that I'd found online and my father-in-law bought one that was similar from Sandies. Twinning! Great little shop with reasonable prices. I think his shirt was $20.

There's also a museum downstairs but we didn't buy tickets to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment