Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

China Palace, Walnut Creek

12/29/13

Perhaps the owners are unaware of the temperature of their to-go soup. The wor wonton I received the other night melted BOTH Styrofoam containers they put it in. Scalding hot liquid filled the plastic bags around them. It was a nightmare to try to transfer into something else when I arrived home. (see pictures of melted containers) Even with oven mitts, the Styrofoam had melted so badly it was a huge, hot mess.

My husband had been in bed with a 103 temperature all day and I just wanted more broth for him. Cold showers, hot soup. It was probably very unwise of me to drink the broth melted in with the Styrofoam but by this time at night I was tired after having worked part of the day and looking after him the rest. I didn't want to go back out so I drank most of it and made him something else.

The soup tasted okay. The wontons were disappointing (lots of dough, little meat) and the veggies were almost nonexistent.

I'd return here because service was friendly, but the owners need to immediately be aware they could have very seriously burned someone by serving soup at that temperature. Extremely dangerous and inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment