Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sliver, Berkeley

10/27/13

My favorite food is broccoli. I think I've only seen it on pizza once (Extreme Pizza's "Drag it through the garden" pizza). Oh, happy day for me when we walked in to Sliver and I could smell sweet hints of broccoli. I prayed that my experience would not be underwhelming.

I ordered two slices, well-done, and the guys I was shared a sample "sliver". Yeah, they were not about to order broccoli pizza. Had we been able to stay and eat here I would have taken a whole pizza home, but I knew I wouldn't have much time to eat since they were starving too and wanted to find something else. In my rush, I did not buy any to go.

My pizza came out pretty quickly. So crispy, just like I ordered. Little slivers came for free on top of my two slices. It was the most amazing pizza I've ever had. Ever. I'm still really, really sad that I didn't bring some home with me. I liked the salsas too - both very unique, and I'm a sauce person, so any sauce I see always makes me like a place a little bit more.

I admit, I'm basing this on one experience there, on a Sunday afternoon when there was no line. On a day when they were serving my favorite food on their slice, but it was the most overwhelming excellent experience my mouth has had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment