Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Telegraph-Channing Garage, Berkeley

10/22/13

I'm really bad with directions but somehow I can find my way in and out of this garage in Berkeley. It's the most convenient to where I want to go so it always works out great.

Some drawbacks, it's not a clean place. You want to avoid the dirty restrooms. I decided I could wait when I saw there was no t.p. in the ladies room. A man was in the doorway as I tried to leave, clutching his crack pipe. He moved past me into the single stall women's restroom, noticed the same t.p. issue, grabbed a ton of paper towels (I see a clog in the future of this toilet) and I'm sure did his thing while I went to look for security.

They've eliminated the live person taking money for parking (which I think is good) but behind those blacked out windows now sits security, with NOTHING to tell you they're there. I had to ask three business owners where security was located. I literally asked the three businesses surrounding it. Thankfully, the third person instructed me to knock on the windows. Security won't come to the door, they make you yell through the glass. Safety third, people.

We got back to our car and noticed the new convenient payment machine by the elevator (not just one the ground level - nice move!) BUT...it only takes credit cards. Fine with me. Until I realize they don't take Discover. If you aren't going to take cash, don't limit people on what sort of plastic they have to use. Luckily the short line of people behind me waiting to pay for their own cars were patient while I ran to get a payment method from my husband.

Clean up this garage - stock the bathrooms - put locks on them and require payment for use - have a functional security system operating at all times - and then maybe, MAYBE you earn an average score.

No comments:

Post a Comment