Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

French Hotel Cafe, Berkeley

10/27/13

As we walked by on our way to Cheeseboard (which was closed) the boys I was with saw some whipped cream topped hot chocolates on an outside table. "That's for after pizza", they said. It ended up being before pizza.

We waited in line and the gentleman in front of us ordered a muffin by pointing at it through the glass, and then asked the guy working what it was. His response made us all laugh, "it's a taco". The gentleman looked at him quizzically and said "but there's raisins on it".

We smiled and then it was our turn to order. Two hot chocolates with whipped cream, and one iced tea for me. I also ordered a side of jalapenos (I saw that you can have them on your bagels, and it sounded good to me). The barista thought I was joking (cuz of the overheard taco remarks) but I was serious. He brought me a cup with a pickled jalapenos that were probably homemade. They were very good and definitely spicy! Perfect with my iced tea.

I enjoyed them for the rest of the day, and even put them on my pizza when we finally got some from Sliver.

($5.55 total)

No comments:

Post a Comment