Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Stript Wax Bar, Lafayette

10/27/13

I recently had a great experience here. I had bought a yelp deal but it was unfortunately one-week expired by the time I worked up the courage to use it, so it was good only for the amount I'd paid for it ($20).

The bikini area wax costs $40 here. It's $20 for the same service at Beauty Lounge, which is the only other place I've had this done. Beauty makes you buy your drinks though, and at Stript I was offered complimentary wine when I entered.

The place is small-ish but the room in back gave me ample space to undress. You self-apply a topical anesthetic after using an astringent wipe to clean the areas you're going to wax.

I'm happy with the wax service I received, and felt very comfortable with Megan who talked to me through the process, reminded me to breathe, and explained everything she did. However, for that price I will probably not return.

Also, my husband came in and I suggested he get a nose and ear wax for fun. (hehehe, yeah.... for fun....). He ended up paying my balance ($20) plus $20 for both of his services, but couldn't pay this amount together and had to make two separate transactions. It's not a big deal but seems like something that can be remedied for customer convenience. He pulled pieces of wax out of his nose and ears the next day as well, and one of his ears was really red and painful, but it's better now (and looks great).

No comments:

Post a Comment