Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Sunshine Cafe, Pleasant Hill

12/10/13

Congratulations to Ann on her retirement! Lucky for us, we came in for our first time before this big event. 30+ years at this location and I'd say a retirement is much deserved.

Aside from the hints on yelp, we weren't sure what to expect when we walked in for a weekend breakfast. Reviewers are spot on with the homey feeling. It's much smaller than expected, and we happily made ourselves comfortable at the counter.

It was fun watching the cook (Jesus) at work. He will be taking over after Ann's retirement, so the place isn't going anywhere. My breakfast was awesome - eggs, sausage, and extra crispy hash browns that were done right. Very inexpensive. I did receive sausage links when I had seen a patty earlier, so I don't know if they have both (?) The links were good but I was a little disappointed that I hadn't thought to ask.

Ann was our server but another woman bustled around as well. A steady stream of traffic came in as we ate, including a man and his son who were also there for their first time. They sat next to us at the bar and we made friends. This place is very close to my parent's home (and not far from ours). We'll be back for sure. Can't beat the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment