Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Family Spa, Concord

1/11/14

"Foot massage before football games?" I asked my husband this morning. Knowing he'd never say no to massage I didn't even waste time putting on socks, I just slipped on some soft slippers and headed up Treat.

I had seen the "Family Spa" sign in the plaza at Treat + Clayton and we decided to do the couple's 80 min massage. (50 min foot rub, 30 min back massage - $43 pp if you pay with a credit card, small discount for cash customers).


Highlights:
* Looking at Lisa, you'd never guess that this beautiful and tiny Chinese woman had ninjas for fingers. Tiny little finger ninjas. But that's the only explanation for the strength of her soft digits. Speak up if you need a less deep massage. She also checked with me more than once if I was doing okay, and appropriately responded to the movements of my body.
* They use a magical potion to keep their towels so soft and clean. You'd think the constant washing and sterilizing would roughen them up, but no no no. They are soft like kittens.
* Not for the shy! I totally got a great rump rub. No hesitation at all to run the mini-ninjas up and down my entire backside (in a totally appropriate way) and Lisa didn't dance around the region between my lower back and upper thighs. I don't know why some professionals consider this a no-zone. It was amazing.

Soft lighting in both rooms we were in. Pleasant massage lotion that was unscented and left me feeling soft. They wiped us with hot towels before we were left to redress. Small cups of water were waiting at the end when we returned to pay at the front desk.  The prices are unbeatable and they also offer hand massage and head massage services. I'll def return to try those!

Only lost one star because the water used to soak our feet before we started was on the cool side. And while I understand it'd be difficult to use really hot water in the plastic-lined bins, it could use a slight increase in temperature.


No comments:

Post a Comment