Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Katy's Kreek, Walnut Creek

12/2/13

Katy's Kreek, I'm sorry this is so overdue! Next to my couch at home sits my computer. Next to my computer a small chair is littered with receipts, all awaiting my attention for review.  You'd think I keep them in some sort of order, but the cat likes to scatter them about from time to time so they're a mess. September's receipt from my solo lunch at Katy's finally made it to the top!

I eat lunch alone all the time, which I find incredibly boring; just as boring as working through lunch. I was happily surprised to walk into Katy's for my first time a few months ago and see they had a small bar I could order food at. There was another girl sitting at the bar, and Robin was the bartender behind it. Food was a little slow to come out, but the wait was very enjoyable.  I liked my taco salad and iced tea ($18.39) because the food was good, but I LOVED my lunch hour because the company was great! I felt like I had the lunch date I oh so wanted. Robin kept me entertained and totally engaged me (and the other girl) in conversation. He also kept my drink full and brought me delicious Pepper Plant hot sauce.

A month or so later I returned for breakfast with my husband. We were famished after running a race on Mt. Diablo. Our server wasn't memorable, but this time the food was what stood out. I had trout and eggs and it rocked my world. I've thought about it a lot since then (no joke). I even told someone about the trout this weekend while away on vacation.

Katy's can get packed and it's much bigger inside than it looks, but service has always been good and it's a great place to bring a lunch date (sit on the patio out front!) or perhaps to find one who is there on the clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment