Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Carquest Auto Parts, Walnut Creek

10/10/13

I keep the windshield of my car very clean. It is unfortunate that sometimes the cars behind me get sprayed. Sometimes the window seems extra dirty so I spray for extra long. Oh, did I spray your car too? Perhaps you shouldn't be in the fast lane with your 60 mph. But I swear my actions are mostly unintentional.

As a result, I need lots of washer fluid. I've been in Carquest twice: the first time was for washer fluid. Service was cordial but not friendly. Nobody came to help me, but I only needed the one item and so I didn't require any assistance aside from paying.

Second time in I needed Automatic Transmission Fluid. My Mustang seems to have lost all of hers and won't let me drive her when it's empty. So I stopped in here and saw two employees. One (a woman) was working with other customers. The other (a sir) was on a store phone.

I typically buy my ATF at gas stations where you have one choice. Here, there was a wall of choices. "ATF for older Fords" being one of the choices. I wanted to know if this was for old, old Fords (like Model T) or if it would be good for a 1966 Ford. I moved toward the counter and waited for the call to end. The guy was talking about seasonings to put on something. A third employee came out, presumably to help me... WRONG! He advised the guy on the phone about cooking times, and then went back to doing whatever.

Having not even been acknowledged, I put my item back and left a little while later. I may not be your #1 customer, but now I'm not a customer at all - given that there was only one other customer in the store, perhaps you should be working on generating sales, not letting them walk off.

No comments:

Post a Comment