Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Pizza Guys, Walnut Creek

11/18/13

So the last time I wanted to order Pizza Guys for the house, my husband said NO. It was really the 2 for $20 deal I wanted. So I disobeyed and ordered it anyway. I was disappointed in the pizza but obviously had to pretend I really liked it when my husband raised his eyebrow after first bite.

Since then, I've been introduced to Sliver, Build, Armendi's and even Domino's new thin crust. Thin, crunchy crust is my favorite. So when I recently went back onto the Pizza Guys website, in search of a good deal (they have lots of great online coupons), I saw they had two different thins. I called the WC location and asked the difference. Tuscany thin is supposed to be the crispy, crunchy thin.

$3 for delivery and 45 min later I had an XL veggie specialty pizza delivered to my work. Unfortunately, the cardboard they disguised as crust was nearly inedible. It was tough and chewy and even hard to bite through. I made sure another girl in the office tried it and she agreed: inedible.

Sadly, I'm not at a place in life where I can justify just throwing out a $30 pizza. And even though I imagine if I'd driven it downtown after work, I probably could have talked my way into a refund. But instead of fighting the traffic downtown, I went home and decided I'll have to just eat the toppings when I'm hungry and not being picky.

It's been a long time since I've had pizza this bad. Plus, the delivery guy brought TWO tiny packets of cheese and TWO tiny packets of hot peppers - for an XL. Obviously I had tons of my own hot sauce (I keep getting it delivered to my office! Husband loves me). And I love husband enough to finally admit that I was wrong. Everyone's got their own likes, but since I like crunchy thin crusts, I should never, ever order Pizza Guys again - too many other pizza options that are more what my taste buds want.

No comments:

Post a Comment