Search This Blog

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Guanatos Ice Cream, Walnut Creek

1/12/14

This girl loves her ice cream. I usually don't like to cheat on my Rite-Aid ice cream cones, but was interested in sampling the crazy flavors I'd heard about here. We came in a few months ago and sampled a variety. I remember going home with a double scoop ($4) of avocado and something else. I wish I could remember the other because I enjoyed them both a lot! Husband had a couple scoops also but didn't stray from the generic ones. I actually don't think he was brave enough to even sample tequila or cheese flavor with me. (Both yummy!)

I wasn't able to finish my double scoop. It sat in the freezer for about a week getting slowly picked at. Pretty big serving but mostly the flavors were strong enough that a few bites were all I needed before feeling satisfied. Or flavor-saturated, perhaps? That never happens with mint chip and cookies n cream (my two all-time faves).

The service was a little slow when we were in there but only because the family ahead of us had a few indecisive children trying to decide what to sample. And an indecisive mother doing the same thing. When we were eventually helped the girl working told us all about their homemade ice cream with natural flavors. We really liked the overall service, experience, and yummy ice cream.  But Thrifty's brand still hold 1st place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment