Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Ike's, Walnut Creek

9/23/13

Dear Ike's:

Please accept my apologies. I have changed my mind about you and wanted you to know.



You've taught me the definition of Halal, provided me with caramel apple pops, and given me more lunch choices than I ever thought possible.

I'm not a vegan, yet I enjoy your vegan chicken and veggie sandwiches. I still don't like getting messy while I eat your saucy sandwiches, but I do like licking the sauce off my fingers in between bites.

Your free chips make me smile. Hotter than Jalapeno, is it? That's my favorite chip bag.

I was convinced that I didn't like you, Ike's. But when I had to decide where the office will order food from for my birthday party at work this week, I picked you.  We've ordered for the office before and the food was ready on time, and everything was correct!

I haven't had the same thing twice - this Wednesday I'll try "Nacho Girl" with hot peppers added and extra lettuce.  Indeed, it will be a happy birthday party! I'm happy already!



Kind regards,

Amy
xoxox

5/6/13

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING NUMBER OF OPTIONS FOR VEGETARIANS (&VEGANS)

WOW. I can't believe the selection here. I'll have to come back in winter and give it another try. A hot sandwich on a hot day in a hot restaurant isn't for me in the summer months. But I'll give it another try down the road!

I can't remember the name of my sandwich but it was something catchy. Nifty spifty? It had halal chicken smothered in avocado and veggies. It was actually really messy but very good.  I added jalapenos after the fact when I had some time to read that they're free upon request. Yumm.

At work, I'm walking distance from two other sandwich shops that are both half the price. It was a good sandwich but unless I'm going out with friends, I don't see myself jumping to spend $11.11 for it.

Service was great - there was a high-energy guy with a great smile calling out names for food and finding the right people to give it to. He was really nice when I asked for the jalapenos, even though he was so busy. We had to ask for napkins too. Oddly, they aren't on any tables which is weird since the sandwiches are so saucy.

My favorite part was the sourdough bread. Definitely some of the better of the sourdoughs I've had a sandwich place. It was really, really good. Even late in the afternoon when I finished my giant sandwich, it was still good and crunchy and fresh! (Not soggy - even with all the sauce and avocado! Amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment