Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Davidson & Licht, Walnut Creek

11/7/13

I'm not really a big shopper but I enjoy walking through fine stores from time to time. One of my favorite things to do (especially on vacation) is walk around nice towns and hit up all the art galleries and jewelry stores. High-end jewelers carry very unique pieces that are each in their own way little pieces of beautiful art.

From time to time you find a place stocked with employees who give you the up-and-down before narrowing their eyes at you, and are then reluctant to be helpful. I don't get all fancied up to go shopping, but I don't want to be treated like I'm not worth their time based on a first glance. I'm impulsive and I love surprising people with gifts. It's these superior attitudes that make me appreciate the sincerity of employees at Davidson & Licht.

I've walked into D&L several times. (Usually around the holidays because that's when I do more shopping in Broadway Plaza). Never once have I been made to feel like another customer was more valuable or might be a bigger sale.  On the most recent visit I spent a lot of time looking at men's watches. My husband has a watch obsession and several very nice watches. But none of those are from me! I love the days when I put on a pair of earrings he's given me, and I feel a watch would be a terrific "just because" gift. Jon spent a lot of time with me and answered my questions.  He was very personable and took his time talking, even though I made it clear I was just browsing, so I never felt rushed or like he wanted to help someone else instead.

I haven't yet picked out a watch. Perhaps I'll bring husband back in with me next visit and then we'll both leave with something pretty.  The high-quality jewelry here is worth a stop in; it's fun and sparkly and breath-taking.  Perhaps you'll find something to surprise someone else with, or maybe a reason to spoil yourself a little. And if you do, I was informed they offer a complimentary cleaning with every visit.  :D  Yay sparkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment