Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Mr. Lucky's, Walnut Creek

9/19/13

Been in here lots of times for drinks and once for lunch.

I wouldn't wait in line to come in, but there usually aren't lines anywhere during 5:00 happy hour and that's when I prefer to do my social drinking. Ultimately I'm to the point that i'd rather make my own drinks at home. At least there I can overly garnish my Bloody Mary, rather than sit and stare at a lonely olive in disappointment.

I like the drinks here - service is generally good. There are several booths for sitting, an island that stretches the length of the bar, and then the bar itself. There's also a nook at the front with seating and standing room. I was invited to a Happy Hour hosted by Certified Reporting Services and this was the perfect spot for us.

The appetizers at that party were all really good. We enjoyed the poppers a lot. So I guess I knew they had a menu, but I had never really looked at it until the other day. I had wandered Walnut Creek trying to find a spot for lunch, and ended up here.  Lunch was kind of a hiccup - they were very busy and I felt like it took a while to get my menu, but maybe I was just being hungry and impatient. The food came out fast. I ordered an Italian Chopped Salad. They forgot the salame on it, but it had plenty of tuna and I prefered the tuna anyhow. I did get my iced tea comped for the error though. It was pretty good. The dressing was great and it was not ovredressed, but it seemed like a lettuce and tuna salad more than "Italian". Maybe it had ONE peppercini chopped into it? And a little bit of olive I think...? It was kind of boring. Perhaps I'll request more toppings next time.

They don't take Discover cards.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment