Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Denica's Real Food Kitchen, Walnut Creek

11/15/13

Is it fair for me to review a place that has my favorite salsa ever on their FREE chips and salsa bar? An employee could probably kick me and they'd still get five-stars. So with that being said, I'll just tell my story:

My first experience at Denica's was in their Dublin location. It was on St. Patrick's Day (which is pretty well-celebrated in Dublin, CA) so the place was packed. Long story short, we ended up not eating, but being invited back by Denica after sharing our experience, and I'm so glad we accepted that offer. On our return trip we were seated, and then I stumbled upon my favorite salsa of all time. Since then, we've made a few trips to Dublin to get salsa to go.

Oh, happy day it was for me when I saw a friend was the First to Review the new location, which happens to be ON the street I live on!! Welcome to town, salsa! I went in on Labor Day to check it out and ordered two veggie tacos. ($5.41) This is a lot of food. It also comes with a cup of black beans. The bean and cheese tacos were hot and tasty. The food was fresh and not over-seasoned. I liked that since I planned to add salsa.

A chips/salsa bar sits in the corner and you're welcome to help yourself. (Well, that was the Dublin policy, I actually didn't ask here... just assumed).  Try the orange-colored salsa. 100-chile salsa I think is her name for it. The chips are warm and the salsa is too! It's not hot, just perfect for a small kick.

I'm not much of a pastry person but we have had their cookies (in Dublin). Since it's the same, homemade recipe here I imagine they're also quite delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment