Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Dog House Grill, Fresno

10/8/13

Before we even arrived in Fresno to see our friends get married, my husband had decided what was for dinner Saturday night. The "Dog House" immediately made me think it was another Hot Dog Palace - but when we arrived and I saw how close to the college it was, I realized it was a Bull Dog reference.

I wrote a pretty substantial review of the place and my wonderful chicken taco and the amazing fries and my fresh salad - but decided to delete it and focus on the sauces. The food was great. Service was outstanding. The BBQ sauce and the Ranch were kick-a$$.

Our huge fry bowl came with two large ranches (with lids) without us even having to ask. Since my salad had another huge ranch, I ended up not using it, but I didn't want it to go to waste so I took it to go.

Don't try this at home: We dined there ten days ago. The ranch slept in our hotel fridge the first night, but then spent two days in the car (I forgot about it!), then another week in our fridge at home. Today, I remembered it was in there and decided to test it to see if it was still good. Holy Ranch sauce, it was. I ate half of it on pretzels with jalapenos slices for breakfast this morning. It was still thick and creamy and delicious. Perhaps I just got lucky, but since the ranch lasted this long and maintained its freshness, I think it might be the best ranch in the world. Their BBQ sauce was just as good, but we ate it all so I didn't get to bring any home.
*Sad face*

Thanks to all the staff who literally checked on us every five mintues, making sure our drinks were as full as our bellies and our smiles were as big as our portions.



No comments:

Post a Comment