Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

D-Link Systems, Inc., Fountain Valley

11/6/13

We originally purchased a D-Link surveillance camera when a family of birds moved onto our back porch. Doves are known to build haphazard nests and I wanted to watch construction. On day two, they delivered breakfast! Atop a few sticks and twigs appeared my first two baby bird eggs. The live feed camera allowed me to see up close the mother and father take turns nesting, and finally even feeding their ravenous young. (We didn't eat the eggs afterall). The audio worked well and I could watch from my phone, iPad, and computer. I shared pictures and video with friends and anyone else interested. This life cycle repeated itself several times until winter came.

My husband was living long-distance that winter, so we moved the camera into my bedroom.  I don't need to elaborate here...

It has also found use with our catsitter so that we could spy on her. (haha, just kidding Valerie H.) She would put the cats in front of the camera to say hi while we were away. I could watch them sleep on the bed and play. It is wonderful.

The camera is now outside our home for extra security and I've been very happy with it as an addition to the rest of our home security. It has updates from time to time which I am notified of on my iPad through iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment