Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Murphy's Deli, Walnut Creek

9/18/13

When I'm at hungry at home (Concord) I work on trying all the taquerias around: taco takeover goal!

When I'm hungry at work (WC) i work on trying all the little sandwich places: deli domination goal.



Murphy's Deli is definitely not a little sandwich place like the name suggests. They have one of the biggest menus (which is written, somewhat inconveniently, on their walls) of any deli I've ever been to. Hot lunches, soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches, fried food, snacks, and so much more. I really wanted to try something like the chicken tenders or jalapeno poppers, but ended up at the salad bar.


While the salad bar isn't as big as say, Fresh Choice, it has a ton of selections. I think when it comes down to it, I don't like very much lettuce in my salad. I want all the goodies that go on top, dipped in dressing. This salad bar is terrific. You pay by the weight and I had a pretty full container, including dolmas and other heavy-weight items. My total including iced tea: only $11.49! Good deal.

My lunch date and I walked over to the hot sauce station and I lathered my lunch in several different flavors and colors of spicy goodness. We then went outside where we enjoyed a nice breeze, great seating, a view of the pretty plaza, and easy bins for recycling our food waste, plastic waste, and general garbage all separately.



There's really something for everyone here. I love that it's close to where I work. I'll be back!

PS - Ask them about "Belly" at the register. It was a quick registration and you earn points when you eat there and other participating places. The girl in front of me was getting a free soda and told me she loves the rewards.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment