Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Pork Store Cafe Valencia, SF

11/10/13

Ever seen The Soup with Joel McHale on E! TV? There's a segment on that show where a background voice first croons "SooOOOooo Meaty". That's how I feel about the vegan sausage at Pork Store. It's sooOOOOoo meaty (but without any meat). Since I'm not a vegan, I make sure to dip it in the sausage gravy on my husband's plate.

Husband likes stopping at the Pork Store primarily for the gravy. It's a homemade sauce of awesome.  All of the food here is pretty good. It was both our first times at this location. (They also have one on Haight). Parking was easy to find a block away on the street and we didn't have a wait to be seated. This location is much bigger than the other!

Service was cool. They were packed and our server seemed pretty rushed with us but she got our orders right. I only ordered a side of the vegan sausage and an egg over-medium. ($5 for both) The egg yolks on both my plate and my husband's were bright orange. They were so fresh and good.

Our drinks were kept refilled. Though, on one refill, I watched our server momentarily  mix up my husband's Coke glass and an iced tea glass from the table behind us. She held each up and stared to check color, then sniffed them, and made her decision of whose was whose. Had I been at all unsure about which glass to refill and serve, I would have just grabbed two clean ones. But it was sort of entertaining.

They have so many veggie options here. I hope the name doesn't ever scare any vegans away. It was actually the reason I never wanted to check the place out when my husband first suggested it years ago. Big portions and tasty meals for a good price;
....and sooOOOoooo meaty.  :D  NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment