Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Cafe Milano, Peppermill, Reno, NV

10/15/13

Too bad it's not stamped across my forehead that if you f* up something on my plate, I'm going to write about it. I bet that would ensure I get crispy hashbrowns when I order them. Somehow everyone else at the table had dark brown, crisped hashbrowns. I had light brown soggy potato bits.

The rest of my breakfast plate was pretty good though: the egg's benedict special (which has a market price...? of $12.95) included tomato and spinach and bacon. Bacon was crispy and there were several pieces. Tomato and spinach are what they are. Eggs were slightly undercooked so I closed my eyes and scooted the runny white off my plate. Benedict sauce was very lemony, which I liked a lot but nobody else seemed to enjoy. A biscuit and gravy plate on the table found my spoon and while the biscuit was pretty terrible, I like the creamy gravy a lot.

Free dessert with Yelp check-in and the apple-berry crisp was soooo delicious. I'd probably order that for breakfast next time I was in here. We easily shared it with our entire table (of 6 people) but that was after we all had eaten our large breakfast plates.

Service was friendly and our waters were refilled promptly. There was a bit of a wait so make sure to get there early to put your name in if you have other plans for after breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment