Search This Blog

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Five Star Review Food Truck, Concord

1/11/14

After driving around lost for a little while I ran into this truck and my spirits were lifted. One other car was parked next to it which I figured was a good sign. They have a good selection of food options but I went with two chicken tacos ($2.20 ea - beef tacos are $2.40 ea). I also ordered some chips and hot salsa. I double-asked the sweet girl who helped me if they had hot salsa and was assured they did.

The taco shells disintegrated on me when I went to pick up the tacos, even though each taco had two little shells around it. The chicken was topped with tomato chunks but I found the meat to be dry and not have much flavor. I threw away all four mini shells and figured I'd just eat the chicken and tomato mix. Hoping for some hot salsa to flavor it up, I looked in the bag of chips and there were only two tiny containers. The chip bag was warm, and the chips were light and crispy - perfect! But the huge bag needed more than two tiny salsas. And the salsa was not spicy at all. Perhaps my heat-sensitive husband would disagree had he tried it, but it wasn't even a medium-hot for me.

The chips alone earned three stars. They were excellent. But I'd probably rather continue to drive around lost before stopping here for another taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment