Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Disneyland Resort, Anaheim

11/15/13

I grew up in Anaheim Hills and had season passes to Disney through most of my childhood. I guess that's how you've got to do it because one-day passes are not easy on the wallet. And you have to buy delicious food (like the giant turkey leg or a churro), which can also run a little pricy. They also have sit-down restaurants (we dined at the Blue Bayou) and even shops with healthy snacks. That part is pretty wonderful!

As an adult visiting here, I found the long lines and crowded food courts to be slightly overwhelming. I've celebrated here on a New Year's Eve, we came for my sister's 21st birthday and my husband's 30th. I'd be happy to return for a celebratory event, but won't be picking this as a destination for any of my birthdays. I'd rather go camping or to the racetrack.

Perhaps if we one day have children it'll be more exciting to bring them to the most expensive place on earth. Until then, I'd rather save my money and watch the fireworks from my grandparent's house on the Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment