Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Outgoing Students, Sacramento

11/15/13

We've all had someone come knocking on our door trying to sell us something. Last year I even purchased this amazing household cleaner from a door-to-door salesperson and I hope she comes back again! But I do not need a subscription to the Contra Costa Times. I prefer using the Internet for news updates. So when a student came to our door, rang the bell, and offered my husband a subscription, he said we weren't interested. The young adult rudely said in a sarcastic tone, "Thanks a lot for helping me get to college!!!" My shocked husband shut the door.

Shortly after, we had gone outside to water the plants and noticed an item was stolen off our front porch. There is no mistaking that this kid took it. We were furious with ourselves for not asking the name of the company he worked for. But all was not lost.  Not even an hour later my husband answered the door again to another student ringing our bell. My husband politely asked his name and the company name: Outgoing Students.  We asked if he was with another kid and he said he was; they were both from Mt. Diablo High School. Jose told us he thought his partner's name was Sergio. We thanked him and he left without any rude comments directed at us.

The next day I found the website and a contact number. It takes you to a voicemail monitored by the students of Outgoing Students.  Not surprisingly, my call was not returned.  I have left a second message and nobody has responded. Kids who think it's okay to go onto someone's property and steal from them have no business being allowed to represent this company. And companies that don't respond to people's complaints and keep their children workers accountable, have no business being allowed to operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment