Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Pleasant Hill Park, Pleasant Hill

10/1/13

RAWWWRRRRR - That's the scary sound I would make while working at the Haunted House located at this park during my Junior High School years. I think they still put it on annually. It was a lot of fun as a kid to meet at the park during the month of October and paint props, design the walk-thru scare rooms and practice our scary screams and roars.

In the summer months, my Mom often dropped my little sister and me off at the pool. We played Marco Polo with the other girls and boys. Lots of friends were made in the water.  I remember having crushes on a couple of the boys and how excited I would be when we'd all get to swim in the afternoons.

While at DVC, I started playing basketball more frequently for exercise, and I sought out nearby parks to play out. There are a few hoops here (Larkey Park and the park on Oak Road were my other favorite spots). If I recall, P. Hill Park's hoops were a little beat up, but playable nonetheless.

I also played on an adult co-ed softball league a few years ago and several games were at the field at this park. Lots of fun! I learned I'm a much better basketball player than softball, but making new friends was really the best part anyhow!

Great park - and lots of great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment